Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I have not been abducted by aliens.....

Hello all !

So sorry for my absence. I have thought of many many things to blog about, but I cannot find time to blog while I am coherent enough to think of those things. Heres a quickie rundown on whats been happening with me.

1. Andie's health issues: I am currently in a motel room in Boise, where we are spending the night awaiting her colonoscopy in the morning. She has finished her bowel prep, which she DID NOT enjoy. She pooped and pooped and pooped and so on until she finally fell asleep. We check in to the hospital at 6:30 am for her colonoscopy at 8. Since my last blog on the subject, I have spent much quality time on the phone with receptionists at three different doctor's offices trying to coordinate test results, insurance coverage, and scheduling. I am on a first name basis with my three new friends.... :) We should have definitive results within the next week and then we will know what to do from here. I also got a name for a great nutritionist over here who has helped a friend of mine with similar issues.

2. Applying for Graduate programs, jobs and graduation: I have been buried in paperwork again, compiling my applications for my special ed program, and for jobs. I have also been trying to get ready for graduation. Sam will have to help me with the dang robe and hood. There was no class on how to work the stinking hood!! BTW: Found out today that I did get a job. I am now gainfully employed again!! I am happy to know what I will be doing next school year. The great part is that I get to spend half a day at the high school every day, and it's Andie's freshman year. I am much more excited about this portion than she is. I wonder if she thinks I will embarrass her in front of her friends..? (not me...)

3. We got a new roof put on our house and I planted a couple of trees and a yucca. The insurance crap associated with that was mostly taken on by my darling husband, but it was disruptive nonetheless. D and I did the cleanup ourselves, to save the many $ per hour that the contractor would have charged us.

4.The last time D went out horn hunting, the STUPID dog got skunked. He had never seen a skunk, so he didn't know any better. He had it all down his front, and we have been working on him frequently to try to improve his fragrance. I bought some stuff at D&B on my way to #5 and we have sprayed it on him a couple of times. I think he's getting better, but I am not sure. Maybe I am just getting used to the smell....

5. Tristan's birthday party was on Saturday. Andie and I went over and celebratedwith him. It was a ball, and he is so cute.

6. Andie has been on band trips, and track meets about every time i turn around. I don't know how you guys with multiple kids function.

Anyway, this is my life for the past couple of weeks. I will try to be better about not bottling up my blogthoughts and just blurting them out all at once. I will try to express my blogthoughts when I am feeling them and return to my healthy blogger mentality.

3 comments:

M and M said...

Rhonda, Wen,am 8:00 I just read your blog Give Andie a kiss for me. We are on our way to Jackpot Nv. for a few days. But will have the cell phones with us so keep us informed.You guys drive safe & We will see you on sunday. Mom

jlcumber said...

Wow! Very busy. You are in Andie's thing right now, but I hope you and she knows that we are all thinking about her!! Please keep us updated.
Sorry about the Dog. That stinks! HEE HEE!
Congrats on the Job!!!
And I think you have been busy enough. Time for a relaxing summer!

Thayer & Associates said...

Yes we are all thinking about her I hope all is getting better. Love to you all.