Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Break is Over Already... What happened?


Where did the time go? We went shed hunting and found a few, then to a Blazer Game, then Andie and I went to Hermiston to see her doctor. It snowed a lot while we were gone and we had an interesting trip home that evening. During the trip we had a great time, except for at the doctor's. He didn't have great news for us.
She may have Inflammatory Bowel Disease, so we have MORE tests to do. A pediatric colonoscopy is her next great adventure, after numerous poo, blood, and saliva tests. I cannot begin to explain how gross it is to harvest fecal samples at home. Amy, you are really missing out.... :) She loves it as much as me, and we have done some real bonding over the course of several poo samples.
It is also possible that she may have celiac disease instead of IBD, in which case, we simply remove all gluten from her diet. I understand this is much easier said than done, however.
Anyhoo, she could use any prayers you have to spare at this time.
All in all, she's taking it well, and with a great sense of humor. She's a great kid, and I hope we get this resolved soon.
We had a great laugh about the colonoscopy:
Me: Are you nervous?
ALK: I'm not crazy about them sticking a camera up my butt!
Me: Hey! Maybe they'll find that lost library book.....
ALK: You are horrible..... (laughing)
Me: Well, we've looked everywhere else.
we thought it was funny!!!

5 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

My bishop's wife has celiac disease and I'm sure she would love to help you out with recipes, etc if that's what it turns out to be. Keep us posted!

Amy said...

YOU SAID POO!!! I can't believe she has to have the rotorooter thing. YUCK! We will pray ("frickin'" pray!) for her to get good news. That view in the picture is beautiful! Good thinking with the library book, I've never thought to look there.

Sam said...

We love our little turd, ALK. Of course we will pray, as usual, for her. XOXO

jlcumber said...

You are such a wonderful mom!!!! I love that you can get her laughing. Poor baby girl. Keep us updated!! xoxo

*(LOVE the picture!! Wish we could have been out "hunting" with ya!)

Rhoda said...

Thanks guys! She's a trooper. Tougher than me, I cried like a baby as soon as she wasn't around. :(
Workin right now on doctors, insurances, and scheduling...

Thanks again!